Each celebration of the Gregorian new year gives us all an opportunity to reflect on the past, plan for the future, and assess our values. In 2018 we are setting the “tone”. It’s ‘a chance to begin again, to have choice, freedom of expression, and a voice.’ Create understanding and opportunity this year by requesting a translation to support your employees, your consumers, your clients, and yourself.
Here is what tone is doing to support you:
- Being thankful! - 2017 was a successful year for tone because of you, our customers and translators. We are thankful for your business and your work. We look forward to greater collaboration in 2018.
- Adding Languages & Linguists - Tone added professional translators in 2017, including individuals who are certified. (Certification is only available in a small number of languages. Learn more here.) We also did work in new languages such as Dutch, Fulani, Gujarati, and Tamil. We are always adding languages and can accommodate any request. Do not limit yourself to what you see on our website.
- Staying Informed - From October 25-27th, 2017 Team Tone members Kyi Kyi Min (Translation Coordinator) and Shana Pughe Dean (Translation Manager) attended the American Translators Association (ATA) Conference in Washington D.C. We connected with professional translators, increased our network, and discussed establishing a division for languages of limited diffusion.
- Adding New Team Tone Members - Please join us in welcoming a new member to our team, Derek Nekritz. Derek will be joining Team Tone in the position of Translation Assistant Coordinator assisting with a variety of tasks including the tone blog, tone website, MemoQ (computer assisted translation tool), tone social media, project coordination, and system administration. Derek will be working with tone part time, 20 hours a week.
Derek has a BA from Empire State College, majoring in Natural and Artificial Languages. He has been working as a professional tutor at MVCC and brings with him intercultural and technical computer skills with college level study in the Japanese language.
- Communicating with you! - Expect regular blog posts in 2018 with tone news, translation industry news, untranslatables, and a new translation technology category. These blogs are available to help you creating understanding and opportunity in a multicultural world on the move. Ask questions, comment, and engage!