During the next few weeks Tone is on the road, in the air, on a train, and everywhere, attending conferences and meetings. Check the dates and cities below to see if we will be in a location near you!
- April 20-22 Silver Spring, MD American Red Cross, Restoring Family Links Training
- April 21-22 Washington, DC Various Meetings
- April 21-22 New York, NY Language and the Sustainable Development Goals, a Symposium
- April 25-28 Houston, TX Tri-Agency Conference
- April 29-May1 Boston, MA International Medical Interpreters Association Conference (IMIA)
As a socially conscious organization we want to be a part of the discussions about language access, language rights, and how to more effectively work with you to create opportunity in a multicultural world on the move. The conferences are not specifically about “translation”, however, they act as outreach and professional development for our team. As a Tone partner and consumer of translation products there are several ways our involvement in these events benefit you.
- Access to new developments in the translation industry.
- Connection to industry organizations that can be used as a third party source to verify your questions about the translation industry.
- A better informed translation team.
- More experienced translators working on your projects.
- The most up to date standards of practice for translation.
- A voice on a national stage - We like to share information about the innovative ways our partners are utilizing translation to be accessible to multicultural and multilingual communities.
We look forward to sharing our experience and what we learn. Be prepared. With our travels here, there and everywhere, you may get more blogs that you bargained for!